It’s been a few weeks since we’ve recorded a new show, but we’re back! And from our new studio.
- We have our first-ever No Market Radio in-studio guest in the form of Erk!
- Erk has been on a trip across America and he stopped at our studio here in San Luis Obispo before returning to Australia. Erk was also here in 2009 but during that trip, he stopped here first.
- We talked about headphones and our new studio, including Jen’s new microphone stand:
- Erk recounted his time on the 70,000 Tons Of Metal cruise.
- Then, Erk recounted his Amtrak train travels across America as well as a trip he took to Mexico City.
- Erk was a guest on the Afternoon Tea at the Aquarium podcast in Portland.
- From Portland, Erk went to San Francisco. While there, he got to ride a tram car that was originally in Melbourne.
- Erk bought a new microphone while he was in Portland. This podcast recording was the first time he got to use it.
- Erk flew from San Francisco to San Luis Obispo via Los Angeles. So, he flew over San Luis Obispo once before actually arriving here.
- After Erk arrived here in SLO, we had our first (of several during Erk’s visit) meals at Denny’s. Later, I went with Erk to his hotel so Erk could check in. LOLZ ensued.
- Then, Erk and I had dinner at Applebee’s:
- The next day, Erk and I had lunch downtown and visited some mandatory SLO tourist destinations:
- The following day, we took Erk on a grocery-shopping tour of SLO.
- Erk picked a song by Doro to finish out the show.
- Stay tuned for bonus audio! Erk and I did a Pepsi taste-test challenge to see if we could identity Mexican Pepsi, American Pepsi and Pepsi Throwback (AKA “Australian” Pepsi)!
Click the play button below to get Erk’d now!
Post tags: 70000 Tons Of Metal, Afternoon Tea at The Aquarium, Alaska, Applebee's, Australia, Bon Temps Creole Cafe, California, Canadia, Channel Erk, Chicago, Denny's, Doro, DragonForce, Florida, Fresh & Easy, GeminiDragon, Grammar Girl, guitar, Heil Sound, House of Sound, Hyper Nonsense, Illinois, iPhone, Louisiana, Mexico, Mexico City, Mo's, NaPodPoMo, New Frontiers, New Orleans, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Podcast Junky, podcasting, Portland, San Francisco, San Luis Obispo, Tijuana