This podcast almost burned out. But it was saved by Australia!
- I couldn’t find anyone to record a podcast with me. So, it started off being a sad solo show. I tried to fix it by playing around with reverb effects. It didn’t really work.
- To help pass the time, I played a couple rounds of the game SongPop.
- Our song of the day turned out to be “Cumberland Gap” by Xiu Xiu:
- I read the names of the artists on this year’s Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame nomination list. I also don’t know who The Meters were.
- I read off a list of the most successful dead musicians.
- Erk saved our podcast when he called in via Skype.
- We talked a bit about the Evil Scarcrow song “Sixty-Six Minutes Past Six” by Evil Scarecrow:
- Erk listened to No Market Mixtape #3 while he was stuck in a traffic jam, which lead to his newfound enjoyment of drumming along to metal jams.
- Erk mentioned that there will be Australian race cars racing in the U.S. next year. The cars will be flown to America in converted jumbo jets.
- Erk and I covered a small controversy we had via Twitter in regards to my recent comments on music podcasting. But we hashed it out and now everything’s cool. We also discussed my idea for a new music show.
- Erk asked me how I feel about this year’s NaPodPoMo and how it compares to NaPod’s of the past.
- We then talked about podcasting and podcasters who used to ‘cast but don’t do it anymore. Also, listening back to your own shows and using them as a personal audio time capsule.
Click the play button below to get Australianated right now!
Post tags: Australia, Barely Podcasting, Channel Erk, DarkCompass, Evil Scarecrow, Facebook, Hyper Nonsense, Inside My Head, iPhone, Ireland, NaPodPoMo, NASCAR, Ourobouros, Skype, SongPop, Texas, The Bugcast, The Flyswatter Show, The Meters, The Phantomfeed, The Wasting Time Podcast, Twitter, Xiu Xiu