It’s our fifth podcast in a row for this year’s NaPodPoMo. Here’s what’s in there:
- We experienced record-high temperatures today in San Luis Obispo. I had to get out of here because it was too warm inside the house.
- I went to a “new” Subway for lunch today. Not just to escape the heat, but also to (apparently) have an exciting chopped salad!
- I haven’t been able to update the Odd News California sub channel since we started the podcast. So I thought we should cover a few of the stories that had been waiting in queue for the Odd News California blog. First, a shark fell from the sky onto a golf course and some resourceful people were able to rescue it and take it back to sea. Jen told a story about a shark she used to have in an aquarium that made a similar death-defying recovery.
- In the nearby town of Templeton, someone hung a chair from a tree. Some say this is a racial statement aimed at the president. Others say it’s just an unusual prank.
- A friend of ours sent us this blog entry about Halloween costumes. The writer of the blog used a photo of Jen as an example of a “non-slutty witch.”
- Our song of the day is “America” by Imagine Dragons:
Click the play button below to listen to this podcast immediately!