We’re switching things up a bit for our fourth entry into this year’s NaPodPoMo challenge. Today’s podcast is an “audio diary” that was recorded throughout the day.
- I started things off by explaining the idea behind today’s show. Then, I gave my thoughts on this “2012 Election Literary Smackdown” article as well as the life of Ayn Rand and Objectivism.
- I commented on a scam-tastic ad from the local Craigslist job board. ‘Cause, you know, that’s where they’d be making casting calls for the next Captain America movie.
- I talked about editing the Shattered Soulstone podcast, and what a “multi-ender” is.
- Jen and I did some grocery shopping. But first, we had lunch at one of our local Chipotle restaurants. We talked about furniture left on the sidewalk, as well as a TV that was recently left outside and then destroyed (see image above). It tends to be very loud inside of Chipotles. Here’s proof in the form of a decibel measurement I took using an iPhone app that does that:
Then, we ate burrito bowls and they were good.
- After Chipotle, we drove to Fresh & Easy. During the drive, we talked about the upcoming presidential election and bumper stickers. I believe in maximum efficiency. AKA “max effish.” We wondered about whatever happened to Second Life and if anyone still uses it.
- We then drove from Fresh & Easy to Vons and talked about our shopping experiences at both stores.
- While driving home, we discussed our pleasant surprise at finding Zevia soda at Vons, and how “natural” foods are becoming trendy.
- We wrapped up the podcast after we returned home. Jen enjoyed a peppermint mocha frappuccino. There’s no song of the day for today’s show. But all of the music that was played during the show is by Tycho. You can listen to all of these songs thru the ongoing No Market Radio Spotify playlist.
Click the play button below to bomb your earbuds with spicy goodness!
Post tags: Ayn Rand, Barack Obama, California, Captain America, Chipotle, cockatiel, Craigslist, Dawnforge Productions, Facebook, Fresh & Easy, John Steinbeck, Mitt Romney, NaPodPoMo, podcasting, San Luis Obispo, Second Life, Shattered Soulstone, Starbucks, The Nervous Breakdown, Tycho, Vons, Zevia