In order to maintain our ongoing NaPodPoMo streak, I put together the first (and maybe only?) No Market Radio mixtape, consisting of songs from artists that I’ve been enjoying lately.
- The first song is “Latitude” by Canadian band Plumtree:
You might’ve heard Plumtree’s song “Scott Pilgrim” on the Scott Pilgrim vs. the World soundtrack.
- The next song is “I Don’t Care About Your Blue Wings” by New Jersey home recordist East River Pipe. This guy rules.
- Part of the reason I decided to put together this mixtape is because later on in the day, Jen will be recording the Shattered Soulstone podcast, and then I’ll be editing it. I explained what that podcast is and related my experiences playing the game Diablo III.
- The third track is by another Canadian artist, Julie Doiron. It’s called “Tailor” and it is kinda short but it is very sweet.
- I think I’m coming down with a cold. This happens every November.
- Song four is by Ahmond and it’s kinda weird. It’s called “The Extraordinary Life Of Jimmie Dandelion” (I incorrectly called it “The Dangerous Life Of Jimmie Dandelion” during the show) and I’d like to know what the hell this song is about. Leave your interpretation in the comments below. (Props to DarkCompass, where I first heard of this artist.)
- The final piece of music for our first mixtape is a cool instrumental called “She Goes To France…” by American Green:
(A nod to Channel Erk, where I first heard this song.)
- We’ll be posting as many No Market Radio songs as possible to this Spotify playlist.
Click the play button below and dig these cool jamz!